Explore the trees, prairies and wetlands of the eastern Sandhills with good food, local brews and friends of the Statewide and Taylor Arboretum.
REGISTER NOW for July 20 evening meal: $25/adults and $20/under 18. ALSO specify participation in other events.
EVENTS include tours and talks all day Friday. Registration is required for meal and recreation counts:
• Friday Lunch from menu at Bootleg Brewers https://bootlegbrewers.com/
• Friday afternoon River Tanking or Sandhills Jeep Ecotour from Calamus Outfitters $20/person, limit of 15 people for ecotour. http://www.calamusoutfitters.com/
• Sandhills Beef Dinner and joke-telling contest at Loup County Event Center. After-dinner talks on the Nebraska Passport Program, history of the Taylor Juniper, and “An Artist’s View of Taylor” by Marah Sandoz, creator of the Taylor Villagers. After-dinner stargazing and tale-telling at Bootleg Brewers
Saturday, July 21. Drive on your own for a group tour of ecosystems with blowout prairie, a bur oak grove, and Loup River wetland plants and animals at the Olson Nature Preserve north of Albion (free)
• Taylor Area Accommodations: http://www.taylornebraska.com/lodging.html
• The cabins at Bootleg Brewers: https://bootlegbrewers.com/lodging/.
• Cabins and Lodges at Calamus Outfitters, North Shore of Calamus Reservoir: http://www.calamusoutfitters.com/lodging.html
• Wildlife Inn on Hwy 183, south side of Taylor - Phone (308) 942-6234.
• Crest Motel – one mile south of Taylor on Hwy183 – Phone (308) 942-3430
• Various hotels and B&Bs in Burwell and Ord