Trees for Nebraska Towns Program
Ready to enhance your community forest? We want to help. The Trees for Nebraska Towns (TNT) program provides $2,000-$20,000 to support public space tree planting projects in communities throughout Nebraska. We offer the funding support, as well as guidance and technical assistance, for projects that:
- Emphasize planting of large maturing trees in public spaces
- Thoughtfully plan for diversity, sustainability, longevity and resilience
- Include companion plantings
- Contribute habitat for wildlife and beneficial insects
- Increase awareness and appreciation for the value of our community forests
Discover the threats to our community forests and how TNT contributes to the solutions
See examples of what other TNT projects have done
Find out how to apply and get resources to help plan your project.
Trees for Nebraska Towns begins accepting applications for projects on June 1. The deadline for applications is July 31st.
Call for Applications June 1 through July 31, 2019
Project Selection and Kickoffs August 2019
Project Planting September 2019 - November 2020
Reimbursement Requests Due December 31, 2020